Re: LIO/sec per CPU limit? Is it Hardware or Oracle code?

From: Ivan Ricardo Schuster <ivanrs79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:51:48 +0100

I would check for any difference in:

  • Machine BIOS setup: hyper-thread, energy configuration, etc
  • Kernel parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf
  • Limits in /etc/security/limits.conf

If both servers are using the same HW, OS and Oracle SW, there is no point in being an Oracle limitation.
And the basics you probably already checked: disk speed and RAID configuration where the data files are stored, database parameters, concurrent processes, alert log errors, /var/log/messages errors, network between app server and db server, network errors...