RE: Does REDEF_TABLE procedure should move partition table index as well?

From: Reen, Elizabeth <"Reen,>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 20:46:00 +0000

You need to define everything you want to move. It will leave objects where they were if you don’t.

Liz

Elizabeth Reen
CPB Database Group Manager
718.248.9930 (Office)
Service Now Group: CPB-ORACLE-DB-SUPPORT

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Vadim Keylis Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:24 PM
To: Oracle-l
Subject: Does REDEF_TABLE procedure should move partition table index as well?

I used DBMS_REDEFINITION.REDEF_TABLE procedure to move partition table from one tablespace to another online. It moved the table itself to new tablespace, but local indexes remained in old tablespace after procedure completed. Am I missing configuration parameter or procedure is not supposed to move local and global indexes as well as oracle doc suggests?

We are using Oracle 12.1.0.1 upgraded from version 10g

EXEC
BEGIN
   DBMS_REDEFINITION.REDEF_TABLE(
        uname => 'TAGANALYSIS',
tname => 'SITEMON_PHP_SMTP_VK',
table_part_tablespace => 'SITEMONTBS',
index_tablespace => 'SITEMONTBS'
);
EXCEPTION
WHEN OTHERS THEN
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('SITEMON_PHP_SMTP_VK' || SQLCODE || ' - ' || SQLERRM); END;
/

Thanks so much in advance,
Vadim