Re: Look for error in Oracle log

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 18:09:41 +0000

Eriovaldo,

An ORA-3113 error is a client-side error and it is unlikely that you will find reference to it within the database logs. It means that the client has unexpectedly lost connectivity to the database.

Much of the time these are due to the network problems and frequently due to a firewall between the client and the database terminating the connection due to timeout.

If it is the firewall, one potential solution used to be to set "sqlnet.expire_time" in the "sqlnet.ora" file to send a probe packet more frequently than the firewall timeout. The method implemented by Oracle for sqlnet.expire_time proble has changed in Oracle 12, and I don't know if it will have the same effect these days as I've not had chance to test it.

regards

Neil Chandler.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com> Sent: 23 July 2017 14:44
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Look for error in Oracle log

Hi,

I got this error :

BEGIN
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel Process ID: 3524
Session ID: 1161 Serial number: 23073

The last success command occured : ###### : 23-07-2017 02:29:1717

How and where can I search the error ?
in alert ? incident ? trace ?

I tried some queries without sucess, like that :

select to_char (ORIGINATING_TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI') data,  message_text
 from x$dbgalertext
 where ORIGINATING_TIMESTAMP > (SYSDATE -1)  and message_text like '%ORA-03113%' ;

Any suggestion ?

Regards
Eriovaldo