Re: Look for error in Oracle log

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:54:13 -0400

You don't actually which version of Oracle you're using. If the view, v$diag_alert_ext is available, try:

select message_type, originating_timestamp, message_text from v$diag_alert_ext where message_type in (2,3,4) and originating_timestamp > sysdate - 2

If you run a describe on v$diag_alert_ext, you will see fields for trace file and other tantalizing columns. Let us know how it works out for you.

As an additional alternative, take a look at ADRCI (automatic diagnostic repository command interpretor) for another way to winkle out your information.

Good luck!

Gus