RE: New SQL*Developer version numbers

From: Matt Adams <MAdams_at_equian.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:25:45 +0000

Better call them twice. This one is 10% ABV

https://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/library/oracle-ale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael D O'Shea/Woodward Informatics Ltd Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 9:21 AM
To: jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com
Cc: dbakevlar_at_gmail.com; rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com; ORACLE-L; Mladen Gogala; Tim Gorman Subject: Re: New SQL*Developer version numbers

Somebody call the lawyers! Oracle ABV 4% http://www.salopianbrewery.co.uk/oracle/

On 14 Jul 2017, at 15:06, Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com<mailto:jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>> wrote:

It’s arbitrary, right? The main thing is that you’re going to get more frequent releases. So hopefully it’s a win for customers.

Also we knew that changing the release numbering scheme would bump up our social media profile and get people talking.

Up next we have a beer theme in mind, where each version will be named after a style:

Amber
Barleywine
Berliner
Bitter
Blonde

-l<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.freelists.org_webpage_oracle-2Dl&d=DwMGaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=Z7TxYgTRa8b2Qmi2Gp6fvdZIJHBIir8RWfL4YTvXYOM&m=YS1AYySk8mCaOXt-cKclSvSMCopU62L3PiVjRosW9sM&s=8ptsn0F4mbTBzCawHRA9-B-OixW37doHg8S2Fo1F7X4&e=>

  • This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, or distributing of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy any copies of this document. ****

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jul 18 2017 - 15:25:45 CEST

Original text of this message