srvctl really annoying behavior

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:27:01 -0500

Well, I have run into an extremely irritating problem with srvctl. It modifies my oratab file without me giving it the ok.

I put in entries like this so I can access the individual instance using oraenv:

orcl:/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1:N orcl1:/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1:N

Everytime I run srvctl, it deletes the orcl1 entry.

Who is the genius at oracle that decided to do this? And why? and does anyone know how to prevent it?

--
Andrew W. Kerber