Re: RAC One Node - Instances not open at the same time!

From: Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 09:29:00 +0200 (CEST)

Niall,

the question is quite simple: How can I configure RAC One Node in a way that does not cause trouble for an application that's not RAC aware. Primary concerns:

- dbms_jobs running on two nodes the same time
- utl_tcp sockets opened at the same time
- sequences out of order

And again, I cannot change the (PL/SQL) application.

I can do everything I need with grid infrastructure plus a single instance, too. But that's not the topic. Because the major benefit for RAC One Node FOR ME is that I just have to configure the RAC OneNode service and I am done. No scripts to be written or no ora.* resources to modify. Anything else is fine, as long as it does no harm.

And before the topic comes up: No licensing worries.

Thanks

--
Martin Klier | Performing Databases GmbH
Managing Partner | Senior DB Consultant

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com | https://www.performing-databases.com