RE: Delphix deployment?

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:13:48 +0000

It’s an appliance that is used to virtualize/consolidate your non-prod environments although I’ve heard that some people use it for production reporting environments. It’s a pretty slick device.

We’ll probably hear from Kellyn and Tim soon about it too!

Jeremy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ryan January Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:05 PM
To: cgrabowy_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Delphix deployment?

CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL If I recall correctly it's basically an appliance that sits between your storage and database servers. It exposes itself as storage and abstracts away the underlying complexity.

On Jun 28, 2017, at 12:57 PM, Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com<mailto:cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>> wrote: My manager is suddenly asking about the size of our non-production databases.

I asked why and finally got an answer that they are coming up with numbers for the purchase of Delphix.

I have heard of Delphix and I poked around their website. Looks pretty cool.

I am wondering if anyone can provide me a quick high level one or two sentence description of how this product is deployed?

Thanks,
Chris