Re: SQL Profile Expired?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 22:30:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Andrew,
what do you mean with a SQL profile can become invalid?

A classic SQL profile has OPT_ESTIMATE() hints which may be resolved and used or not but the SQL profile itself is valid all the time. Depending on the amount of SQL profiles and SQLs you may want to "EXPLAIN PLAN FOR" them and check the hints with event 10132. You can also detect errors in case of custom SQL profiles.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK