Re: transaction or savepoint rollback required

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 18:48:30 +0000

Mark
After Tracing SQL is identified and it is insert into remote table using select from primary Database table join and it is also failing with same error.  TxSanjay

    On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:45 PM, "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com> wrote:

 #yiv2225415749 #yiv2225415749 -- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv2225415749 If you run the SQL that is failing directly in a SQLPlus window do you get any more information back? Double check that both DBA_2PC_PENDING and DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS return "no rows" on all involved servers. There are only a few things that cause an update to fail such as trying to store a value that exceeds the target column capacity, you try to update a not NULL column to NULL, violate a FK constraint check, or the target row is in use and you get a distributed timeout.  I would think each of these would produce an error that would be passed back so the suggestion above.

Mark PowellDatabase Administration(313) 592-5148

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:07:57 PM
To: dedba_at_tpg.com.au; dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org; mark_at_bobak.net Cc: Powell, Mark; Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Re: transaction or savepoint rollback required Tony There is no database as well as table trigger on Optic based Database link on Remote database. Not able to understand as how to resolved it as eveh bounceing didn;t helped. Sanjay

On Monday, May 15, 2017 6:52 PM, "dedba_at_tpg.com.au" <dedba_at_tpg.com.au> wrote:

Hi Sanjay

It sounds as if the OPTIC database closes the connection on logon. That could happen if there is a database trigger that fires on logon and raises an exception.

Cheers,
Tony

On 16 May 2017 8:18:41 AM AEST, Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote: Mark
AS per error and the dblink OPTIC, the current as well as remote database is not showing any error in alert log. I saw in listener log that request reached OPTIC database link based server. What is best way on backend to trace distributed query as I tried to trace session but it is not providing any details. This process was working fine but suddently got this issue and now failing continously afterward. I even had bounced the databases but still no success. TIASanjay

On Monday, May 15, 2017 8:44 AM, Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net> wrote:

Ok, so go to the alert.log of the db that is hitting end of fie on communication channel.  See if you can determine the root cause of that error.
-Mark

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Sanjay Mishra<dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Mark

Here is what is getting nowSQL> exec Webprocess_mkinv('14003331'); BEGIN Webprocess_mkinv('14003331')

*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required
ORA-02068: following severe error from OPTIC
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pnttbl", line 31
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pntfail", line 89
ORA-06512: at line 1

Or
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02067: transaction or savepoint rollback required
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pnttbl", line 12
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pntfail", line 52
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pnttrial", line 88
ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required
ORA-02068: following severe error from OPTIC
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-06512: at "invuser.pntfail"
ORA-06512: at line 1

Sanjay

Sanjay, when a distributed transaction fails it has always been the responsibility of the calling program to issue an explicit rollback command.  Fix the program code to do so then determine why the transaction is failing to begin with. Did you list the full error stack returned to the program? Mark PowellDatabase Administration(313) 592-5148

From:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org > on behalf of Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 11:04:18 AM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: transaction or savepoint rollback required Has anyone experienced ths issue with distributed query where I am running a stored procedure but will have mutliple remote database link used including some insert remotely. Working fine but suddenly stopped working and has no savepoint in the code and getting error ORA-02067: transaction or savepoint rollback required ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required

There is no error on existing as well as on remote database in dba_2pc_pending. Any other way to check and rollback or so as it is now constantly generating the same error with every execution Any help is appreciated
TxSanjay

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 16 2017 - 20:48:30 CEST

Original text of this message