RE: OAS 10G SQLNET Connection to Oracle 12.2.0.1 ORA-28040

From: Noveljic Nenad <nenad.noveljic_at_vontobel.ch>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 19:56:43 +0000

A great article by Ivan Kartik on collecting client versions which connect to the database: http://ivan.kartik.sk/index.php?controller=post&action=view&id_post=64

Nenad

Home Page: http://nenadnoveljic.com
Twitter: _at_NenadNoveljic

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of rob oraclewizard.com Sent: Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2017 18:59
To: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: OAS 10G SQLNET Connection to Oracle 12.2.0.1 ORA-28040

Of course after I have pulled my hair out for a few days, and humbled myself, I found the answer.

SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION=8 This part is now fixed. Please disregard my question.

-Rob
On May 4, 2017 at 12:45 PM "rob oraclewizard.com" <rob_at_oraclewizard.com<mailto:rob_at_oraclewizard.com>> wrote:

I really don't want to go to far into why my customer is still running OAS 10G and Oracle 10.2.0.1, except to say this is yet another case where the customer ignored upgrading for way to long.

We have a plan on getting the customer up on Weblogic 12c, and Forms / Reports 12c ... What my customer would prefer to do is to upgrade one part of the architecture at a time, in this case the database, get a stable environment then address the webserver, get a stable environment then migrate to Forms / Reports 12c. you see where this is going.

Anyway, I'm looking to see if there is a way to get OAS 10g working with Oracle 12.2.0.1. Has anyone done / tried this?

Thanks,

-Rob

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie dieses E-Mail drucken.

<head>
</head>