Created new 12C Release 2 databases SYS_at_db as sysdba doesn't work

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR <donald.freeman.ctr_at_ablcda.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:36:22 +0000

We manually created or migrated existing databases in these new environments on Solaris 11 and upgraded them to 12C. We cannot get the sys account to work properly. We are getting invalid userid/password. We have a password file, and REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is set to exclusive. We have tried mixed case, lower case, uppercase. Other accounts other than sys can connect using userid/password_at_12cdatabase. sys_at_12cdatabase as sysdba does not work. Any ideas? We have a lot of stumped dba's here. We did find a note relating that deep packet inspection might cause this. We do have a ticket in but haven't heard anything back. We're on a very tight deadline to get all these systems working.

Donald Freeman
Systems Dev Spec, Principle
ManTech International