Re: Moving Oracle RAC VMs from Linux to Windows

From: Anand Rao <panandrao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:44:52 +0530

Thanks Nial.

Yes, I already did the removal of "old files from Linux", add new files and then delete the old files.

I used the manual method and when required, used the GUI.

We have to first make the ASM files shareable in Windows. For some reason, they were imported as Normal fiels into the Windows VM. We can't make them shareable straightway since they are dynamic allocation files (as configured on Linux).

So, we clone the old files using VBoxManage while changing its allocation to fixed. Then, add those files into the Virtual Media Manager or through VBoxManage commands. The old files were deleted.

There were no errors and the VM box (RAC Node 1) boots up fine.

CRS log says no voting disk which means the ASM disks are not recognizable.

I think the case could possibly have a say. The windows files are named ASM-disk1.vdmk whereas in Linux it is asm-disk1.vdi.

Best Regards,
Anand