RE: Oracle Zero Data Loss appliance

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 13:28:57 -0400

I believe Mr. Roach is correct. I have not seen any product offering from Axxana for other than the Oracle physical recovery model.

I suppose if you really needed zero data loss for a non-Oracle RDBMS, you could configure an Oracle Database File System and place the recovery objects for those database systems on the database file system. Then, to the extent those other RDBMS systems logically supported zero data loss you could produce the last bit committed to the Oracle File System.

I’m not sure there is a better way, but please don’t confuse that with advocating such a practice. It might be an interesting license negotiation…

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Roach Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:59 AM
To: Mladen Gogala
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Oracle Zero Data Loss appliance

Oracle database only.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody tell me whether the zero loss appliance supports other software, like MS Exchange and SQL Server?

Regards

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA