Re: 12.1.0.2 EE rman backup default location

From: Orion ten <orionten_at_outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 07:30:43 +0000

Hi Mr. Mladen,

Thanks for the suggestion, we are expecting huge data migration in this database, so increase in cpu & RAM is also planned. We are Setting parallelism in configuration itself to avoid setting the channels individually.

  Rman taking backups in dbs, after analysing the space required for the backupset, made me more curious to know where is it configured.

Thanks Mr. Hemant for the heads-up , valid point, level 0 and incremental backups are surely versatile implementation.

Regards,
Orion

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:42:45 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: 12.1.0.2 EE rman backup default location

On 04/15/2017 11:32 PM, Orion ten wrote:

Hello All,

We are having 12.1.0.2 EE running on rhel 7.2. We have configured daily Rman compressed backups in a particular mount point as per below script. No channel is configured to take on particular location.

backup as compressed backupset full database tag FULL format '/oracle_backups/backup/rman/full/db01_LVL0_%T_%U_FULL' database includ e current controlfile;

We observed that if the mount point is unable to sustain the backup piece for space constraints, it creates the backup piece in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs or FRA location as observed for other databases.

But no such setting was configured or could be seen in v$rman_configuration.

Couldn't get any such info in oracle support or 12c documentation. It might be new feature, as rman is proactively changing mount point as per mount point space free and required for backup piece.

Any links to documentation or such configuration info would be helpful. Thanks..

Regards,
Orion

Have you tried with configure channel? It is well documented and there are numerous examples on the internet.

Regards

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA