Re: SQL result formatting on TO_CHAR different in 12c

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 09:32:36 +0100

A couple of things to note on this. If you have scripts that explicitly set such formatting, then maintaining them is a part of the cost of upgrade.

The second thing, is that I see Stephan has an Oracle Cloud signature which presumably implies 12.2. If the scripts you are referring to are login.sql then there is a behaviour change in 12.2 which means they won't run. See Franck Pachot at
https://blog.dbi-services.com/oracle-12cr2-changes-for-login-sql/ for the details.