Re: Retrieving Trace Files for Oracle on AWS

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:52:21 -0400

I speak under correction, because I am not in any way a skilled RDS Database Administrator.

It appears to me that the underlying problem is the trace file is NOT in the BDUMP directory. Is it possible that this particular trace file is the moral equivalent of the USER_BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST. Does anyone know if RDS has an Oracle directory object already configured to this "UDUMP" location? If one does not already exist, is there an RDS equivalent to "CREATE DIRECTORY UDUMP ..." Oracle statement?

Regards,

Gus