Re: About restore from 11g

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:46:37 +0100

As an aside we have a server (well 2 actually - one HPUX and one Linux) that we use for backup proving.
We have a couple of Oracle homes on each and we recover the backups from our Commvault repository onto these servers. If we have an 11.2.0.3 database we will recover into whichever OH is installed - it might be 11.2.0.2 or 11.2.0.4. and we do not run any upgrade/downgrade scripts All we are testing is that the database can be restored and that the backup is fully functional

I am not recommending taking this approach if you intend using the database for any functional work but in our case any OH will suit our needs

John

www.jhdba.wordpress.com

--

*Technology Manager - Databases and System Management*

Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC

Tel 0845 611 4589 (Int. 7949 4589)
Mob: 07876 790540

E-mail: john.hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk

--

------------------------------
Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying
to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or
rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

This email does not constitute a contract in writing for the purposes of
the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.

Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase, as may be amended from time
to time, apply to any contract that we enter into. The current version of
our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase is available at:
http://www.morrisons.co.uk/gscop

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are
virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it
is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.