Re: Bind Sensitivity and PL/SQL cursor caching

From: Patrick Jolliffe <jolliffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:26:34 +0800

What opt_param hint?
All your comments seem to be referring to dynamic SQL which we are not using in this case.
This is not my code, but basically the reason that we are using bind variables is that this is all coded in PL/SQL. I understand that we can 'force' PL/SQL to use literals instead of bind variables by using Dynamic SQL, I think it's pretty inelegant. At the moment we have a implicit cursor in the outer loop driving implicit cursor in inner loop, nice and simple.
I think the developers will struggle if having to re-code using Dynamic SQL, there will be more opportunity for bugs, and I have a concern that if I push them down this route, they will (ab)use this when it's not appropriate
(I realize these are not all technical reasons) Regards
Patrick