Re: Upgrade OEM repository from 12c to 13c

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 23:14:11 +1000

Thanks Rich,

I think that this covers moving both the OMS and the repo, but I don't want to move OMS at all. I'd rather create a fresh 13c installation from scratch, but using (a copy of) the old repo as the existing repo, which then must be upgraded.

The goal is to leave all the crud that has built up over the years behind and start over with a relatively clean installation, whilst retaining the targets and their history.

That is

  1. install RDBMS 12.2.0.1 on the new VM
  2. create a clone from the old 11g repo DB and upgrade to 12.2
  3. install fresh OMS 13.2 on the new VM, with cloned database as "pre-existing repository"
  4. upgrade the 12.1.0.5 OMS repo to 13.2

I wonder if step 4 is so automatic that it just did not occur to the OEM maintainers to mention it?

RHEL7 (and friends) is simply the one that will be supported for longest. Even with this version, upgrading the OS is still discouraged (although apparently supported)... going to 7 just gives us the most joy out of this upgrade :)

We install all our Linux servers without windowing system, that's the easiest. How often do you need the console anyway... I only ever use it to follow system reboots.

Cheers,
Tony