oracle and grid accounts

From: Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:46:41 -0400

A DBA is pushing to eliminate the grid account from future installs.

So the Oracle database software and the Oracle Grid software would be installed under the oracle account.

The justification is that we shouldn’t have to switch between the oracle and grid accounts to do whatever commands needed. We can simply execute a script to “switch the environment”.

I came across the Oracle recommendation in the documentation which is to have an oracle account and a grid account.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any technical limitation?

TIA   Oracle 12.1.0.2

RHEL 7.3   Chris Grabowy