Re: oracleasm file

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 13:57:35 +0000

Hi Sandra

That "file" should be a symlink to the fantastically named* /etc/sysconfig/* *oracleasm-_dev_oracleasm*. If it has been edited with an editor that doesn't follow links that would be an explanation as to how you got here. I suspect that whether it is safe to edit or not would depend on what the differences are. Any of the scan related parameters should be fine to change in extremis. I wouldn't touch the others and would prefer a downtime window.

To answer your other, likely related question, as part of our 11g to 12 upgrade process we ran the following prior to the upgrade weekend to catch errors such as this

We *also* ran orachk as well to catch things that orachk picked up but cluvfy didn't.

./orachk -u -o pre

at the time we scripted all this (2015) both orachk and cluvfy were prone to false positives.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA