Re: 12.2: Oracle Data Guard Broker Support for Transport Destinations of Different Endianess Than the Primary

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:27:23 -0500

On 03/08/2017 10:14 AM, Laimis Nd (Redacted sender laimisnd for DMARC) wrote:
> Hi
>
> Did anyone found more on 12.2 new "Data Guard Broker Support for
> Transport Destinations of Different Endianess Than the Primary" ?
> I get this is Sun/Solaris killer but it is not - cloud is - Oracle
> should be able to speak more.
>

> Brgds,
> Laimis N

Basically, you are asking for standby on a different platform. I haven't heard of any such plans and it would be rather hard to do so. It is already possible to convert files from one platform to another within RMAN, but what you are asking for is even more difficult than that. Having said that, it would be great for converting between platforms, especially if TDE is supported. However, that would sort of kill GG. GG can replicate between platforms.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA