Re: Privilege

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 12:28:24 -0700

For non-repudiation and other reasons, application access would normally be done by unique userid for each user. As such, administration is much easier to handle by role than by the potentially large number of users involved.

Unfortunately, many applications are written to access the database through one database userid, rather than one userid per user. This defeats all sorts of capabilities built into the database - although Real Application Security does restore some of that capability.

My opinion, not necessarily that of my employer /Hans