Re: Migrating database from Windows to Linux

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 23:08:01 -0700

Jeff,

Please consider first measuring the throughput between the servers using the iPerf3 <https://iperf.fr/> package. Doing so should provide the maximum bandwidth to be expected on that particular network segment, and if it is possible to improve that bandwidth somehow, iPerf is a good way to measure.

Also, please consider using the bbcp
<https://www.slac.stanford.edu/%7Eabh/bbcp/> package, pretty much the fastest and most full-featured method of copying files over TCP.

Hope this helps!

-Tim