Re: migrating windows database to linux

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:33:31 +0100 (CET)

Hey Jeffrey,
yes, you are right.

"When you transport entire databases, certain types of blocks such as blocks in undo segments must be reformatted to ensure compatibility with the destination platform. Even though the endian formats for the source and destination platform are the same, certain data files must undergo a conversion process and cannot be simply copied from one platform to another."

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK