Re: Extended database statistics

From: Maris Elsins <elmaris_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:15:47 +0200

Hi,

For any version of eBS, optimizer_adaptive_features=FALSE and _optimizer_autostats_job=FALSE are 2 mandatory parameters. Setting them to FALSE will also ensure the extended statistics based on directives will not be collected (as that functionality is disabled).

Theoretically, the best could be to delete all statistics and directives from this DB and then collect fresh statistics by using the "Gather % Stats" concurrent programs.
The bad news is that some of the queries may actually benefit from the additional statistics you already have, and the performance may degrade after they are wiped.

regards,

---
Maris Elsins
_at_MarisElsins <https://twitter.com/MarisElsins>
www.facebook.com/maris.elsins

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk