RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Enterprise Manager 12c and Database 11g install users on Linux

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:36:14 -0800 (PST)

I'll let you know what I find out!
-----Original Message-----

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR [mailto:donald.freeman.ctr_at_ablcda.navy.mil] Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:30 PM To: Courtney Llamas; peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au; christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com; JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org Cc: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l
Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Enterprise Manager 12c and Database 11g install users on Linux

Full install.

Donald Freeman
Systems Dev Spec, Principle
ManTech International

(757)852-6690 (w)
(717-497-1037 (C)
(757)-852-7777 PMO-IT Help Desk

RHR Facility
donald.freeman_at_mantech.com
donald.freeman.ctr_at_ablcda.navy.mil

-----Original Message-----

From: Courtney Llamas [mailto:courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:28 PM To: peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au; Freeman, Donald G. CTR; christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com; JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org Cc: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l

Listen to Pete on the license part ;) I close my ears when that stuff comes up! I’ll ask around though if you can confirm if you’re looking for Solaris full install or just agent?

--

- Courtney

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/>
Courtney Llamas | Consulting Member of Technical Staff Phone: +2814108258 <tel:+2814108258> | Mobile: +8324720596 <tel:+8324720596> Oracle Strategic Customer Program

Oracle

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>

From: peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au [mailto:peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au] Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:58 PM To: donald.freeman.ctr_at_ablcda.navy.mil; Courtney Llamas; christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com; JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org Cc: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l

The binaries are the same (in theory), the license is not.

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris Taylor Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:28 PM To: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org
Cc: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l

Yes.

Quick caveat: Might want to skip 12c and goto EM 13c. 12c is a pain after the browser updates that came out for SSL security violations. I haven't installed 13c yet but 12c was kind of nightmarish when your browsers won't let you into the 12c configuration panels due to security violations.

Chris

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Beckstrom Jeffrey <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> wrote:

Can the install user for both of these products be the same?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 15 2017 - 22:36:14 CET

Original text of this message