Re: Oracle backup takes about 2h to start

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 22:12:02 +0000

If I remember correctly, the CommVault system allocates resources based on priority etc, I think. I haven't used CV for a while and I was never an administrator, but your problem/observations are similar to what I remember.

I think it allocates channels etc, but then has to wait for other resources, streams etc to become available.

Maladen will most likely chime in and point out the errors of my typing above, but he would be your best bet on here as he works for CV's parent company.

Cheers,
Norm.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 01 2017 - 23:12:02 CET

Original text of this message