Re: strange error on switchover to standby

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:10:13 -0600

I was trailing that file, and it does not contain the command that failed. Here is what is in the broker log file:

Failed to connect to remote database TEST. Error is ORA-48189 Failed to send message to site TEST. Error code is ORA-48189. database TEST unable to contact primary database for version check; status ORA-48189
      completing bootstrap of this database Notifying Oracle Clusterware to buildup

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Bernhard de Cock Buning - GRID-IT < bdcbuning_at_grid-it.nl> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Check out the broker logfile, when correct this will explain where it goes
> wrong.
> You can find this logfile drc*.log in the same location as the alert.log
> of the database.
> Be sure you check both location (the primary and standby)
>
> You can also enable additional tracing in the broker but as mentioned I
> believe the drc log will contain the error.
>
> Greetings,
> Bernhard
>
> Op 20 jan. 2017, om 20:56 heeft Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> I am getting a strange error when I am trying to switchover to my standby
> database. The first switchover worked fine, so I am switching over to my
> original primary, and I am getting this message:
>
> DGMGRL> switchover to 'TEST';
> Performing switchover NOW, please wait...
> Operation requires a connection to instance "TEST3" on database "TEST"
> Connecting to instance "TEST3"...
> Connected as SYSDBA.
> Error: ORA-48189: OS command to create directory failed
> Error: ORA-16625: cannot reach database "TEST"
>

> It looks like it is trying to create a directory, but I cannot figure out
> what directory it is trying to creat. I expect its a simple ownership
> problem, but I cannot figure out what directory I need to work on. I tried
> setting the trace level to support in dgmgrl, but it didnt show the
> information I needed. Any ideas?
>

> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

Andrew W. Kerber