RE: Recyclebin usage

From: Reen, Elizabeth <"Reen,>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:08:19 +0000

            I would want to know why you would want it. We have strict change control on Prod. Nothing gets dropped there. We use flashback to rescue data mess up issues. As to why it is not turned back on, I never bothered to do the paperwork required to do it.

Liz

Elizabeth Reen
CPB Database Group Manager
718.248.9930 (Office)
Service Now Group: CPB-ORACLE-DB-SUPPORT

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 11:05 AM To: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org
Cc: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l
Subject: Re: Recyclebin usage

We do.

What version are you on? I'm struggling to understand why you would disable this feature now.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Beckstrom Jeffrey <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org<mailto:JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>> wrote: Do you use the recycle bin yes or no and why? We are considering disabling it and are interested in the communities thoughts before doing so.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA