Re: Amazon AWS and Oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:52:24 -0500

On 01/19/2017 05:22 PM, Robert Freeman wrote:
> Anyone on list have any experience with Amazon AWS and Oracle implementations and RAC? I am talking AWS here, not RDS.
>
> I am curious about your experiences, implementation issues, gottyas, etc...
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Rf--

I have worked with Oracle databases in AWS and used S3 as a backup target, but no RAC. I am afraid I don't see any benefits of RAC in the cloud. The famous paper written by Mogens Norgaard a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, seems to me twice as relevant for the cloud databases.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA