Re: Strange Error In SQL*Plus

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 07:45:29 -0600

On 2017/01/17 13:56, Scott Canaan wrote:

> We install Oracle on one VM. The sys admins "package" that install and duplicate it on other VMs as we request them. Based on that, everything should be identical, and it always has been. Since this worked for 7 other VMs, I expect it's something in the VM itself that's different, but they insist that they are all identical in every way and that this must be an Oracle problem. I can't even get far enough to generate any log files to look at.

 Could it be a Linux VM guest version difference? As I'm "migrating" (read: RECREATING) my OL5 VM to OL7, I of course copied the ~oracle tree from the old to the new VM. But now several of the new/improved commands in the trash that is GNOME3 stopped working. Nothing has affected Oracle so far (I relinked), but thought it might be worth suggesting.

GL!

Rich