Re: Strange Error In SQL*Plus

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:47:59 -0700

Check your groups information. Is the ownership of the oraInventory and the Oracle_Base consistent between VMs?

I don't know how many times I've heard "they are exactly the same", "nothing is different", and most often "It must be Oracle's fault".

Most of all, check whether the setgid is correct on the oracle executable and the nmo (??) executables are also correctly owned. Cross-verify against operational systems.

/Hans