Re: move from XIO to ZFS

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 07:57:38 -0700

Michael,

You can add the new disks to your diskgroups, drop the old disks, then rebalance to perform the migration without downtime...

    ALTER DISKGROUP data REBALANCE POWER 0; -- temporarily disable     rebalancing

    ALTER DISKGROUP data ADD DISK ...                   -- add disks
    from new SAN
    ALTER DISKGROUP data DROP DISK ...                 -- remove disks
    from old SAN
    ALTER DISKGROUP data REBALANCE POWER ... -- reenable rebalancing     to make it all happen

There are several posts describing the technique when googling "oracle asm rebalance migration".

You can also use RMAN.

Hope this helps...

-Tim