Oracle is using lot of UNDO tablespace (Oracle 12c)

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 18:34:26 -0200

Hi,

I have a container and I have one pdb in Oracle 12c.

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production 0
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

               0
CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production

               0
TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

               0
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

               0

Connected as sysdba and as sysdba_at_instpdb I see these parameters related to undo.

SQL> show parameter undo

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
temp_undo_enabled boolean FALSE undo_management string AUTO undo_retention integer 900 undo_tablespace string UNDOTBS2

Note : Look that I don´t see the local_undo_enabled parameter .

I am doing a delete * from table and 7gb of tablespace undo is not being enough.
It delete 13.000.000 lines and takes more then 15 minutes. It is not a production environment and I don´t want to save all data to recover in the future.

I would like to know how to check if the UNDO option is on or off and
How to disable the UNDO option in order to Oracle write the minimum in the undo tablespace.

Regards
Eriovaldo

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Jan 15 2017 - 21:34:26 CET