RE: OT: Job Posts

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 21:22:31 -0800

Not quite true.

I spent over 23 years with CFO’s who wish to ensure that they do not go to jail for some violation of some law or compliance regulation.

They have had the tendency to simply spend money to solve a problem, with cost not being in the top 5 things they are looking at relative to the problem.

..and yes I have had other companies go the completely other way in whatever is the cheapest thing available that will partially solve the problem and then the personnel have to figure out how to fill in the gaps that are not solved.

In a lot of cases all the gaps are never filled in and there is just the concept of ‘wing and prayer’ that nothing bad will happen and hopefully for most involved that you will find another job before something goes really wrong.

There is never just one answer.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7
<mailto:Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net> Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

<http://www.dimensionaldba.com/> www.dimensionaldba.com

From: Mladen Gogala [mailto:gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2017 9:11 PM
To: Dimensional DBA; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: OT: Job Posts

On 01/07/2017 11:30 PM, Dimensional DBA wrote:

I think everyone puts too much hype into what is the best thing, based on opinions, instead of recognizing all of these database engines will be around for a while.

Actually, there is no "the best thing", there is only "the most cost effective thing for my problem".

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA