Re: Indexing NULL in the Oracle Database, is this the best practice?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 07:14:04 -0500

On 01/04/2017 01:00 AM, Lothar Flatz wrote:
> As far as I know this will likely never happen. That most hints are
> undocumented is a strategic decision. /
> /

And a very suspect one at that. I've heard it used in the arguments against adopting Oracle DB. Not that such arguments are missing any ammo, there is more than enough even without mentioning that particular decision. I can only ascribe that decision to the principle called Hanlon's Razor.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA