RE: Oracle DBA to PostGreSQL DBA?

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 01:28:24 +0000

In the last few years, we have moved almost all of our applications from Solaris to RHEL (multiple Oracle EBS applications, Oracle SOA Suite, etc.) and during the same period, all new applications have been stood up on RHEL. The driving factor was primarily the cost associated with the SPARC HW. A 16-core M-Series server (which is now a legacy platform) is way more expensive than a 16-core UCS blade and not to mention, the latter was much faster than the former.