Re: Corrupt block found during reading backup piece, file=network, corr_type=3

From: <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 08:55:22 +1000

Sadly, I have seen this. Several times, in fact. Today Ill get no less than 7 disks replaced in the last array to suffer similar problems.

The root cause is old firmware in the disk array that allows disks to fail silently. We did not notice until the raid5 array underlying ASM became 'punctured' and lost a database.

My advice would be to check the OS logs for IO errors and if there are any, contact your hatdware vendor.

Cheers,
Tony