Re: Solaris OEL?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 15:36:50 -0500

On 12/03/2016 04:23 AM, Tim Hall wrote:
> Hi.
>
> IMHO the real question is, is Sparc making any money?

Sic transit gloria mundi. Thus passeth away one of my favourite Unix implementations. SVR4 is dying, only AIX is left standing, probably not for long. However, I am still keeping my Adrian Cockroft's Ferrari book. Hopefully, Oracle will release the source code and allow revival of OpenSolaris.
Oracle Corp. will not buy much of good will for itself by extinguishing the last remnants of the company which gave us NFS and vi editor, among other things.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA