RE: What is included when paying licences per user?

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:18:33 +0000

As with any licensing advice, take this with a grain of salt (meaning, this is what we were told by our Oracle rep, others may be told a completely different story).

We were told we had to license end-users, which may or may not be a database user account. This means if you have a web application that uses a connection pool, you aren’t licensing the single web app account, you’re licensing the 1,000 people that connect to the application. So basically, you’ll need to have some governance around the addition of end-users so you can make sure you’re never exceeding your max user count. The one good thing is that you only need license end-user X once for any of your Named User Plus environments (which again, means you have the ability to track this somehow across your environments).

But – as always – talk to your Oracle rep and get it in writing.

Thanks,
Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:07 AM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: What is included when paying licences per user?

Hello please,
when you pay oracle database per user, do you pay for connected users (i suppose a max or average v$session ),created users and or schema users. Thank you in advance :)

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**