Re: Question regarding EBS 12.2

From: Jithin Sarath <jithinsarath_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:55:24 +0530

Hi,
The ebs_patch entry in init.ora is for the Online Patching feature in 12.2 which internally makes use of edition based redefinition. It's perfectly OK to have the following in ebs_patch in the init.ora for multiple databases on the same server. This is because only application internal patching code will ever use this and it knows to connect to the right database. We have this done in our non production cluster where databases are consolidated while applications are not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, J