RE: forms servers not balancing properly

From: Matt Adams <MAdams_at_equian.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:31:01 +0000

We have one weblogic server, with 9 forms servers in it.

As nearly as I can figure, the load balancing is due to the fact that all 9 forms servers are configured into a single cluster, with round robin load balancing.

Restarting the entire weblogic server did not fix the problem. When it came back up, the load continued to be very unbalanced among the forms servers.

However, if I just shut down the single forms server that was overloaded and brought it back up, things would start load balancing properly again.

I have no explanation for this, but it appears to have fixed the issue (in case anyone was interested).

Matt

From: Jithin Sarath [mailto:jithinsarath_at_gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 12:31 PM To: Matt Adams
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: forms servers not balancing properly

Hello Matt,
The loadbalancing is most likely a property of the Weblogic configuration, not the forms server themselves. Can you take a look here and see what configuration do you have? https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/wls.htm#FSDEP232

On 22 November 2016 at 00:36, Matt Adams <MAdams_at_equian.com<mailto:MAdams_at_equian.com>> wrote: The DBA who usually manages our FORMS sever environment is out.

I’ve got a server with one weblogic server, inside of which I have 9 Forms servers. Usually, they do a decent job of managing themselves and balancing the load across. Now, I’ve got 2 servers handling about 230 connections each, while the rest of them are handling 20-30. Users are getting sporadic FRM-92014 errors (A network error or server failure has occurred The request was sent to the wrong application server (not the one which created the session). The forms client has attempted to migrate the session 5 time(s) without success. You will need to restart your application).

‘These FRM- errors don’t start occurring until one of the forms servers gets too overloaded.

Restarting the app server tier (all processes) multiple times has failed to correct the issue. Most of the notes in can find on the internet and on oracle support talk about restarting the various servers too quickly or in the wrong order, but we’ve already tried slowing down the startup routines. It makes no difference.

Does anybody know why the FORMS servers would stop load balancing or how to persuade them to start again?

OS is Solaris 10 if it makes a difference.

Matt

  • This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, or distributing of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy any copies of this document. ****