Re: OEM Notifications for Long Running Queries and MViews not Refreshed

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 11:49:32 -0700

But Houston does have the awesome Courtney Llamas, so you do have EM expertise in the house! :)

I’ve been very busy attempting to write over ever block of memory I have in my head in my new role at the Technical Intelligence Manager at Delphix, but I can offer some insight into the opportunity to use EM12c to monitor this:

  1. A metric extension will do quite nicely to monitor for both of these.
  2. You’ll need to ensure you query this information from the correct metric within EM’s repository, as a remote call would push you outside of EM’s “domain” and licensing, if that makes sense.
  3. How often you collect the information and how lightweight you make the query to collect it will deem if it’s too much for a heavily used system.

I do have an view lag script in my list of scripts <http://dbakevlar.com/scripts/> on my DBAKevlar page, under Misc. Scripts. There’s a few different ways to look at long running queries and the decision maker is, “Do you want long running queries total or execution time changed from average elapsed time?”

Here’s a blog post <https://blogs.oracle.com/theshortenspot/entry/enterprise_manager_using_metrics_extensions> to take you through getting starting with Metric Extensions. Hope this helps!
Kellyn