Re: Testing Oracle fitness for purpose/internal test suite

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 07:17:02 -0500

I encountered this at one client. They had an Installation Qualification/Configuration Qualification document suite that was prepare by hand for each database created. One part of the documentation pack included running a script that showed the newly created database could successfully create/drop a user, create/drop a few basic kinds of objects, and commit a basic transaction.

Best I can tell it was a request by an auditor at some point in the past and made it into the mainstream process.

I have also been asked by project managers to prove that Data Guard works... I have persuaded IT Quality folks to accept proof that the databases are synchronized to the same point after the configurations are created and log apply is caught up.

-Dave

--

Dave Mann
General Geekery | www.brainio.us