Oracle backups integrate with Swift

From: <avramil_at_avramil.cnc.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 14:47:13 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on a private cloud project, using OpenStack. For our Oracle databases, we are planning to build a Multitenant database on Sun Solaris hardware, alongside the Openstack tenants. In this environment, we are planning on using Swift for backups.

What we woudl like to do is integrate RMAN with Swift Object Storage. I believe that this be similar to what Oracle currently does with their own cloud implementations.
The Oracle Database Cloud Backup Module appears to do this, so if might be possible on a private cloud:
https://docs.us-phoenix-1.oraclecloud.com/Content/Database/Tasks/backingupOS.htm

Note that in the configuration of the SBT_TAPE RMAN channel, a library file is referenced:

"Configure RMAN to use the SBT device and point to the config file that was created when you installed the backup module. A sample command for a version 12 database is shown here.

RMAN> CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARMS 'SBT_LIBRARY=/home/oracle/lib/libopc.so, SBT_PARMS=(OPC_PFILE=/home/oracle/config)'; "
Has anyone out there tried to integrate Oracle/RMAN into a private Swoftstack?
Thanks,
Lou