Re: OPTIMIZER_DYNAMIC_SAMPLING=11

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 22:14:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi Mladen,
OPTIMIZER_DYNAMIC_SAMPLING level 11 was already available with 11.2.0.4.

In your case it would be interesting to know what kind of recursive queries were executed and what kind of child latch (related to the corresponding cache object) plus which "row cache objects" location was responsible for these latch misses.

By the way OPTIMIZER_DYNAMIC_SAMPLING level 11 may be used "under the hood" even without setting it explicitly to level 11. Christian Antognini has some nice slides about it (slide 10 to 18): http://www.soug.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/SIGs/SIG_150521_Tuning_R/Christian_Antognini_AdaptiveDynamicSampling_trivadis.pdf

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK