Re: Active Data Guard with additional permissions

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 12:34:19 -0700

Yeah that is also not a bad idea. I have gone back and forth on developer access in production. We have so many custom applications and as a DBA I was spending a lot of time just supporting a lot of stuff that I am not always the expert on. So I gave up some permissions to some people, but at the same time I am not a big fan of production access. No so much cause of security because that stuff we don't or is limited to allowed users but more so just to ensure performance of production and so someone doesn't run some bad query are take the database down. Sure sometimes that can be prevented with resource limits, if you set it up correctly.