Active Data Guard with additional permissions

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:47:52 -0700

I have developers that are always asking for production query access. I was thinking I could setup an Active Data Guard instance, and since one of the benefits is to use ADG as a read only reporting database. However I don't want users to have select permissions on the tables in primary, only the standby. Unless I am wrong I don't believe you can issues grants in a physical standby database.

Does anybody have some other creative solution to this? I was thinking maybe issuing the grants to a non default role and if possible attach a some kind of trigger that would run on a SET ROLE command and then check if the instance was primary or not and then allow or not the set role command. You think this is possible? Or something else?

Thanks,
Jeff